How to Tell it's Time to See an Orthopedic Surgeon
You can experience an injury on the job, while playing sports or engaging in other strenuous activities. The issue could be a simple sprain or something worse. While a minor injury may heal in a few days, you should be on the lookout for signs that something more serious is happening. The following signs indicate that you should see an experienced orthopedic surgeon immediately.
To improve your quality of life, schedule a consultation with our office. We will review your medical history and perform the appropriate diagnostic tests. Based on the results, we will recommend treatment that restores your mobility. The treatment will make it easier and more comfortable for you to return to your daily life.
- Avoiding Favorite Activities
- Consider whether you have stopped or reduced your participation in favorite activities because of pain or a lack of mobility. A lower quality of life or eliminating certain activities because of joint or bone issues is a sign that you should speak with a doctor who can get you up and moving again.
- Difficulty Performing Daily Tasks
- Serious problems with your joints or bones can make it difficult to perform daily tasks. As a result, you may start to neglect your appearance, diet and overall health. With the help of a skilled orthopedic surgeon, you can resume your normal activities.
- Increasing Pain
- Pain is the most common way that your body tells you that something is wrong. To compensate, you may have been taking over-the-counter medications to make it through the day. As the pain gets worse or you build up a tolerance to the medication, increased doses may be necessary to experience relief. Overusing medications can cause serious side effects. If your pain level has reached the point where you need prescription-strength medications, you should speak with an orthopedic surgeon.